Sunday, September 20, 2009

Almost Mine - 1999 M Coupe

I came very close to buying this car this summer. I talked myself out of it because it was more than I wanted to pay for a 2 seater play car, Cathleen helped talk me out of it too :(.



But it was in perfect condition (41K miles) with lot's of good mods (coil-overs, reinforced suspension and subframe, wheels/tires, etc.) I love the M Coupe, but it wasn't meant to be (sold before I could talk myself back into it). These are very rare and so they don't come around that often, especially in this condition.

4 comments:

Cathleen said...

I have to say that I am not too sad about this not working out. How does a man with 9 children drive a 2 seater car??

Happy The Man said...

When a father of 9 spends 98% of his time alone in his car going to work and what not, it doesn't sound so odd to me.

Garity said...

Hmmm, I'd have to side with you Greg. I'd rather you buy something like this than a Prius or smart car. Then again, my father did the same thing and bought a BMW something or other 2 seater for his drive to work.

Kelly said...

i like it. not much of a car person, but if you are, it's fun to indulge in our hobbies sometimes. would have been a lovely date car. must not have been meant to be.