
I didn't do much blogging over the summer but one event that happened back on July 10 was worthy of a blog post. Gregory had heard from friends at work that the Chick Fil A near Lowe's (Gregory's work) was doing a promotional thing where if you were one of the first 100 people in the store (this would be a Friday morning), you'd get free chicken sandwich meals weekly for a year (52 free meals). One catch was that you had to dress up like a cow of sorts.

Gregory met his buddies over there and took our small tent and sleeping bag, etc. and they were in line easily at around the 50th person mark (Chick-Fil-A gave you a ticket representing your place in line). I decided that I like Chick-Fil-A a whole bunch, and even more when it's free. So I meandered over after midnight and was still like only the 76th person there (they never got a full 100, they only got to a few beyond me - saw my next door neighbors there too). I didn't have a tent but slept under the stars. It was cool and damp and I didn't sleep well because they were doing games and events with loud speakers until like 2am. They had a gigantic screen projected video game going on at one area, pie eating contests and just all sorts of games. Families were there (only 18 and older qualify for free meals), it was kind of fun, kind of crazy. The restaurant remained open for use of the bathrooms. Most people actually went to sleep after 2am and it was quiet. But that wake up call came quickly. They needed everyone packed up and out of there before opening at 7am.

They woke us up a good 30 minutes early (5:30am) to get us to pack up/put our stuff away and to clear out of their parking lot promptly. At 6am they walked us up a stage to receive our 52 free meals and then served us a free breakfast, chicken breast (of course), a muffin, potatoes, gravy over everything and coffee. We were even on the local radio station. The person at position number 1 actually was there for like 48 hours. He was pretty much as red neck as they get. He's the one they interviewed on the radio, somewhat illiterate sounding. I was embarrassed to have him represent Fredericksburg like that (I think he was actually from somewhere else)... Isn't that so wrong of me? In any case, it was a grand time and I would definitely do it again :)
EAT MORE CHICKEN!

1 comment:
that is hilarious..i love it! good job. i love c. f. too.
Post a Comment