Nathaniel favors Cathleen's family in a big way, he just makes so many different "Cilderman" expressions it cracks me up. He's Grandpa's little clone, no question. I've heard over the years Grandma calling Grandpa "Cilderman", among other things ("Moose" is another of her terms of endearment). So, I decided I'd start calling Nathaniel "Cilderman", it just fits. After doing this for a few weeks, I wondered if he might know what that meant when I called him "Cilderman" (he's only 5 mind you). He told me, "yes, I know what it means" matter of factly. When I asked him what, he said without any hesitation, "Silver-man is like the silver surfer, you call me that because I have silver teeth!". Classic Response! So in his little mind I've been referring to him all this time as the "silver-man surfer of sorts".

For those of you who have followed our blogs from April, you will remember that Nathaniel had to have 4 root canals and silver crowns in his mouth and two extractions and spacers. He was knocked out cold for the surgery and he didn't much enjoy the waking up part at all (nor did I). Here's
a link to that post for a refresher.
3 comments:
I love it!! "Silver MAN he is!! I wonder if he'll ever figure it out? I loved the pictures from the YMCA water park.
Kids think the simplest things are fun - if you don't tell them something else would be bigger and better.
I'm glad they had fun and kept the house neat, too!! I'll bet Momma was thrilled about that! xo
I think I would rather be called SilverMan too. That's what most people think I am saying anyway, so why not go with it!
What a character that Nathaniel is... SilverMan makes total sense.
Post a Comment