
We are getting excited for a particular wedding down in GA involving two very dear families, in just 10 days time. The exciting thing for us is that we lived in the Allatoona ward with the bride's family (Megan Ensign) for several years (Tracy Ensign was Cathleen's visiting teacher and Jonathan Ensign was my home teacher), and then moved into the Sandy Plains ward with the groom's family (Aaron Young) and became very close to them over the several years that we were there. We feel like we are family members to both sides of this matrimony. We knew both these people and their families before they knew each other, and in fact, my wife may have even meddled a bit (as only Mormons know how to do) in causing these two young people to become acquainted (shhh, I didn't say a word about that).


The Ensigns: Conner, Ansley, Megan, Tracy, Jonathan
So it is appropriate that we make the trek there to be with them and to see all of these many wonderful people that we've not seen in 5+ years. We are so excited about that.
So it is appropriate that we make the trek there to be with them and to see all of these many wonderful people that we've not seen in 5+ years. We are so excited about that.
The Youngs: Kevin, Adam, Kristen, Daniel, Phil, Jodie, Aaron (still not 100% sure on who is who with the twins, sorry - stop looking so similar!)
We got reconnected with the Youngs through blogging thanks to announcements about this big day. Cathleen has been regularly monitoring the Young blogs and 2 days ago someone - Sarah (Nagel) Wade found Kristen Young and that was like a big score because Sarah had blog links to many other young people that we knew. I taught a Sunday School class that I absolutely loved and I have now touched base with all but one of the kids in this picture below or at least their families (I haven't found Josh Markham - middle back row, where are you Josh?)
We got reconnected with the Youngs through blogging thanks to announcements about this big day. Cathleen has been regularly monitoring the Young blogs and 2 days ago someone - Sarah (Nagel) Wade found Kristen Young and that was like a big score because Sarah had blog links to many other young people that we knew. I taught a Sunday School class that I absolutely loved and I have now touched base with all but one of the kids in this picture below or at least their families (I haven't found Josh Markham - middle back row, where are you Josh?)
Tory (Bishop) Nichols, Kevin Young, Sarah (Jett) ?, Josh Markham, Ben Nagel, Seth Mcleod, Scott Larsen and the old guy
So I've learned about marriages, spouses and babies with these young people and it's all good stuff. This new info discovery is all so timely too since we will be down there next week and will be reminiscing with old friends and family (yes my wife's sister Irene now lives there, married to my best friend Barron from my early Ricks college days - that union is a whole different blog story, but again one of those Baker meddling efforts gone well).
We are sooooo excited to see everyone!

Irene and Barron Smith
So I've learned about marriages, spouses and babies with these young people and it's all good stuff. This new info discovery is all so timely too since we will be down there next week and will be reminiscing with old friends and family (yes my wife's sister Irene now lives there, married to my best friend Barron from my early Ricks college days - that union is a whole different blog story, but again one of those Baker meddling efforts gone well).
We are sooooo excited to see everyone!
Irene and Barron Smith

2 comments:
I am so excited to go down under! I can't believe that most of those kids in your class are now married with children. Where did the time go?? WE must be getting old if they are growing up....yikes! Great memories...that's for sure!
Wooooooooh! Where did you get that old picture??? Yikes. That seems like ages ago, doesn't it? Isn't the internet great for linking long lost friends, family, etc? I LOVE IT!
As for my family, my parents still live in the same house in Kennesaw but they've gone through several ward changes since then. Greg married Jessie Kassow who's family we grew up with in the old Acworth ward. Her parents are Bob (deceased) and Jane Kassow. I don't know if you knew them or not. Greg and Jessie live in Acworth and are doing really well. No kiddos for them yet.
Isaac and I both had pretty slack jobs in Japan for 3 years with the Japanese government. We had a lot of free time so Isaac was often out flying his birds. He's been obsessed with falconry since he was about 10yr. old. It's his passion in life and a fun hobby for him.
Feel free to stop by any time and I look forward to checking your blog as well. If you remember please tell the Young family I say hello. I can't believe the twins are even old enough to be dating, much less get married. I think the last time I saw them they were only 10 yrs. old or so.
Big hugs and thanks for getting back in touch!
Tori
Post a Comment