I have family night on Mondays, racquetball challenge nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I try to take care of church work on Wednesdays and Fridays should be date night but we don't get out too frequently because to take Isabelle is hard and to wait until she gets to bed makes getting up early on Saturday mornings difficult. So it's usually a movie with the kids or just hanging out. After church on Sundays, I usually always get a good solid nap and then hanging out with the family or doing my home teaching. My biggest challenge, trying to fit in a little more fitness time into my schedule. 2 nights of racquetball a week isn't satisfactorily balancing out the ice cream and sweets intake during the week...
So, my typical day has me awakening at 5:20 to catch a 6:15 train. My ride to the train station (including walk from parking to platform) is about 15 minutes. My train ride is about 40 minutes barring problems, which I usually spend reading something (Yes, I took that picture of myself on the train pretending to read, wanted to capture "reality" as best I could).
My trip from my connecting lot where I pick up my trusty 1994 Camry (it's ugly but that's OK since it lives out in the elements) with 220K miles on it to my office is 15-20 minutes. I typically catch the 5:23pm train home, usually too tired to read for too long so I eventually listen to music and try to get a power nap and arrive home at around 6:30pm. I'd say half the year I'm arriving to and leaving from work in the dark. But again, fortunately that's only 3 days a week. Saturdays are spent almost entirely in a darkened room with a usual brief run at lunch to pick up food.


5 comments:
I don't know how you do it... I'm tired reading about your schedule. Like the photos. You wouldn't have known you took the picture of yourself if not for the reflection in the window.
Lolz Dad! The picture of you reading was totally convincing until I noticed the reflection. =D
And I didn't know you worked from home on Tuesdays... Though I DID wonder why you were home yesterday... Now I know =D
Btw, I like the train picture =)
You don't even know the meaning of a busy, hectic schedule!! Let's trade someday.....
Ummm, no, you win!
Another comment... On behalf of Aleks, it's IMPERATIVE that you get a pet! Though I know she is a cat person, I, being a dog person and a converted pet parent, I suggest a dog. In fact, I'll gladly send you Kate's little dog, Tux (you've probably seen him on my blog). For good measure, I'm going to post this on your individual blogs as well!
Post a Comment